The newly developed covid vaccine helps in the prevention of disease and reducing the severity of infection. FDA-approved covid vaccines are safe, reliable, and authorized fighting mechanisms against coronavirus infection. A person needs immunization regardless of previous infection or strong immunological system. It is essential to forbid the spreading of common myths and rumors about covid vaccinations to promote their usage and acceptance. That is why it is essential to debunk the myths about covid vaccinations. So, let us take a better understanding of various myths related to recently developed covid vaccines.
Myth- Covid vaccines alter the DNA structure of the person.
Covid vaccine doses contain a peculiar messenger RNA that helps the body cells to produce proteins. The mutant coronavirus contains such proteins. Therefore, our body produces antibodies as soon as our immune system recognizes such spike proteins. This helps the immunological system of our body to produce a response against the coronavirus. Thereafter, the injected messenger RNA leaves the body. So, there is no alteration of DNA due to covid vaccinations.
Myth- Covid vaccines contain microchips that track your location and movement.
Covid vaccinations do not contain any microchip or tracking device. Many unreliable sources spread misleading information about the presence of Microchips in the Vaccination doses. That is why the World Health Organization advises trusting reliable organizations and firms for facts. In addition, vaccinations cannot track your movement or location. Such false claims spread just like the virus on social media platforms. If you find any of such information, always ensure to check it with reliable authorities and websites handled by the government.
Myth- Covid vaccinations make you magnetic.
Covid vaccines are developed with the sole purpose to reduce the severity of infection. They do not make a person magnetic. In addition, there is no ingredient in the covid vaccine that can produce a magnetic effect at the site of Vaccination. Therefore, the body does not generate electromagnetic field in post-immunization.
Myth- Covid vaccinations cause coronavirus infection.
The vaccinations do not contain dead or weakened coronavirus. Rather, they contain mRNA helping in the production of a spike protein required by the body to produce antibodies. So, covid vaccines do not cause coronavirus infection. Rather the ingredients in it help in the formation of antibodies against coronavirus. If you have taken an authorized and FDA-approved vaccine, you will not test positive on viral tests. However, there is a possibility that your body shows an immunological response after the injection. This can cause you to test positive on certain antibody tests.
Myth- After taking covid vaccinations, you are not required to wear masks or use hand sanitizers anymore.
Millions of rumors say that you do not need to cover your mouth and follow proper sanitization measures after taking covid vaccines. This is incorrect. Even after taking a vaccination shot, you should follow the necessary prevention measures. A vaccine shot helps in reducing the severity of the infection and prevents severe illness and death. However, it does not guarantee the prevention of disease.
Myth- Covid vaccinations cause problems with pregnancy.
Multiple questions remain unanswered about the correlation between pregnancy and covid vaccinations. As per the reports of Centers of Disease Control And Prevention, covid vaccines do not cause any male or female infertility. In addition, vaccines do not cause issues with a person trying to get pregnant.
Separate myths from the truth
If you suspect having a covid infection, you should get tested and take the necessary steps. 24/7 Labs help in the testing of covid-19. Vaccination or immunization helps in training your immune system to generate antibodies that are necessary to fight against infectious disease. The FDA-authorized vaccines are safe as all the clinical trials have been carried out. That is why all people need to get vaccinated to reduce the spreading of coronavirus. According to Pfizer, you are considered as a fully vaccinated person two weeks after the completion of the second dose. Vaccinations work on the principle of memory. In addition, covid vaccines do not contain dead or weakened coronavirus. Rather, they with the help of the messenger RNA and spike proteins. So, you do not get any coronavirus infection from vaccines. You should rely on official sources of information to gain a better understanding of covid vaccinations.
Your immune system fights harmful pathogens by attacking and killing them. Allergy is the immune system’s exaggerated response to certain environmental substances that are not harmful. Allergens are foreign substances such as pollen, pet dander, or drugs that can cause severe allergies.
Generally, you do not experience a reaction when your body encounters an allergen for the first time. However, on subsequent encounters, the immune system recognizes such materials and attacks them. To fight such allergens, your body prepares and releases antibodies known as immunoglobulin E (IgE) in self-defense. In addition, the symptoms of allergies majorly depend on the type and source of allergens.
Types Of Allergies
- Food allergies- A food allergy is responsible for tingling in the nose, throat, and mouth. In addition, runny nose, nasal congestion, conjunctivitis (redness and swelling of eyes), and skin inflammation are the symptoms associated with it.
- Seasonal allergies- You must have noticed that some people develop reactions such as cold, nasal congestion, running nose, or watery eyes seasonally. Such allergic reactions occur in particular seasons.
- Severe allergies- When allergies take an ugly turn, they can become life-threatening. Light-headedness, mental confusion, difficulty in breathing, and loss of consciousness are some of the signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis.
Symptoms Of Allergies
Allergic rhinitis- It is also known as hay fever. It causes inflammation of living tissues of the nose, ears, sinuses, and throats. Runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing, and itchy nose and throat are associated with it.
Conjunctivitis- It is the inflammation of tissues covering eyeballs. Conjunctivitis is responsible for watery and itchy eyes with swelling and redness.
Eczema- Generally, it is seen in infants. It leads to drying of the skin of the face, elbows, and knees.
Hives- They are the red raised itchy spots on the skin. They cause intense itching and swelling.
Causes Of Allergies
Researchers suggest that there is a correlation between allergies and the genetic components of a person. That means, some allergies can pass on from parents to offspring. However, not all allergies are genetic. For instance, if a father is allergic to pollen, his child doesn’t need to be too.
Following is a list of common allergens.
- Animals and animal products including pet dander, cockroaches, or dust mite waste.
- Milk and milk products such as cheese and curd.
- Drugs including sulfa drugs and penicillin.
- Stings of insects like bees, mosquitos, and wasps.
- Dust and pollen of grass, trees, and plants.
- Certain food items including nuts, shellfish, wheat, egg, etc.
- Airborne spores of molds
Common Complications Arising Due To Allergies
Anaphylaxis is a severe life-threatening allergic condition that can occur within a few minutes of exposure to the allergens. In this condition, our body produces massive amounts of chemicals causing a sudden drop in blood pressure and weakening of pulse. Anaphylaxis can also cause severe skin rashes, vomiting, dizziness, and nausea.
Allergic sinusitis is a condition in which there is an inflammation of cavities and membranes of the respiratory passage. Exposure to dust, pollen, etc. is the primary cause of it. Nasal congestion, irritability, itchy eyes, throat, and sleep problems are the main symptoms of allergic sinusitis.
You are more likely to develop asthma if you have an allergy. Wheezing, sneezing, tightness in the chest, and shortness of breath are the common signs and symptoms of allergic asthma. Allergic asthma can cause excessive face swelling, hives, mental confusion, and anxiety.
What can you do to treat Allergies?
Technically, allergy is a condition in which the immunological system attacks a foreign body that is not dangerous to your body. So, doctors generally use skin prick tests to detect the presence of an allergy. In this test, the healthcare professional pokes a needle containing potential allergen into your skin. Thereafter, the presence of skin bumps or rashes indicates an allergy. Additionally, spirometry, peak flow test, and checking lung functioning help in detecting allergies. The common signs and symptoms of allergies include nasal congestion, irritability, itchy eyes, runny nose, skin problems, and inflammation of the affected area. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs help treat allergies. It is always essential to consult a healthcare professional to resolve the issue. In addition, it helps in reducing the severity of allergic infections.
There are two top concerns for most of us that are weight loss and weight maintenance, but there are so many rumors and fads out there that it is hard to keep track of what works. All of us want to be fit and to stay healthy however, in our eat-and-run daily lives, staying healthy is a tough process, and losing weight is even tougher. Not any diet suits everyone, each person has different eating habits and different appetites. Every person has their logic and advice to give that might be a wrong choice and can affect your health. Thus, it is good to consult a dietician and nutritionist that have great knowledge and can suggest you the best diet plan according to your body BMI.
Steps to fitness
You can lose weight with a basic diet plan and some exercise. While some people are interested in finding a magic pill that will cause them to lose weight quickly and effectively, the truth is that losing weight takes hard work and perseverance. Here are some effective tips that may help you in losing weight-
- Do not skip breakfast- Skipping your breakfast is the major effect of not losing weight. By skipping your breakfast you could miss out on some nutrients that are essential for your body and end up snacking more because you will feel hungry.
- Add protein to your diet- When you are worried about weight loss, protein is the king of nutrients. While digesting and metabolizing the protein you eat, your body burns calories therefore, a high protein diet can boost up your metabolism by up to 80-100 calories per day. It can also make you feel full and reduce your appetite. Even, eating high protein breakfast can have powerful effects.
- Avoid processed food- Processed food usually contains high added sugars, added fats, and calories. Also, processed food makes you eat as much as possible. They cause more addictive-like eating than processed food.
- Be more active- Being active is a successful key for losing weight and keeping it off. While exercise helps in burning the calories that you cannot lose through the only diet. In addition, exercise provides a lot of health benefits.
- Keep stock of healthy food and snacks- The normal food that you keep at home greatly affects your weight and eating pattern. By always having healthy food you can reduce the chances of getting unhealthy of your family members too. Many healthy and natural snacks can easily be prepared and you can take them with you on the go.
- Drink enough water- You may have listened many times that drinking water can help you in losing weight. It is true. When you drink 1.5 liters of water, it may increase the burning percentage of calories by 24-30% for an hour afterward. Drinking water before meals may also help in reducing calorie intake.
Diet plan for losing weight
- Each fruit as much as possible like berries, watermelons, and cantaloupes is recommended.
- Avoid banana for Day 1.
- Drink water in a proper amount.
- Take only vegetables.
- Use only olive oil for cooking.
- Consume fruits and vegetables
- Avoid bananas and potatoes
- Have 8 bananas and 4 glasses of milk. Banana helps to replenish energy levels. Avoid adding sugar and sweeteners to milk.
- Consume a bowl of vegetable soup.
- Have enough water for the whole day.
- Take brown rice
- Consume 6 large tomatoes
- If you are a non-vegetarian you can consume chicken breast or fish.
- Keep yourself hydrated the whole day. You can also take fruit juices but avoid sugar.
- Consume raw or sautéed vegetables. Avoid potatoes.
- Keep yourself hydrated the whole day. You can also take fruit juices but avoid sugar.
- Consume brown rice
- Consume raw or sautéed vegetables
- Have 4 glasses of fruit juice Walk your way slim
Walk your way slim
By this article I think, you have got the message. Losing weight is typical for everyone. The importance of your food and the part that food plays in your daily life is also important to yourself and your own body. You have to put the right food in the right place in your life and it will be much more controllable than it is now. So sustaining a healthy weight involves a balanced and healthful diet. Exercise is one of the best things to reduce weight but, a combination of diet and exercise is required for long-term weight loss programs.
BMI stands for Body Mass Index, which is the ratio of an individual’s weight (in kg) to the square of their height (in m). BMI categorizes weight and tracks potential weight gains and losses that may be directly related to health-related problems. The Body Mass Index ranges from near 18 to above 30, where less than 18 means underweight while beyond 30 signifies obesity. The usual BMI score that is free of any physical inaccuracies lies between 18.5 to 25. BMI is usually used by doctors and medical professionals to examine the body for any obesity risks. These troubles are underlying and might not surface till they become significantly prominent. For the same reason, the BMI comes in handy. This mathematical aid helps people and doctors to assess body fitness and trace any problems about your body weight.
Pros of Body Mass Index
No prior training
Even a 6th grader would be able to accurately find your Body Mass Index. This is because the calculation is simple, which uses a simple mathematical ratio. Even the conclusions are easy to chart. Look up your BMI score against the standard BMI sheet and, you can categorize yourself as underweight, normal, slightly overweight, or obese. Your accurate weight and height are all you need to know for your accurate BMI reading.
Prediction of cardiac attack
A high BMI represents obesity. This usually means that the fat accumulation of the body causes significant hindrance and disturbance. Cardiac arrests are common if the fat content of the body is high. Body Mass Index is an accurate index for rating the chances of a cardiac arrest. At various places, a high BMI can also help you secure profitable health insurance.
Although the primary use of BMI is to conclude obesity, it is used in statistical analysis all across the world. Just like diabetes, AIDS, and other illnesses, obesity is a silent killer. It hampers the growth and activity of the body from within and may lead to even worst problems like strokes and high blood pressure. Scientists and researchers use the BMIs of several people from various places to conclude the obesity percentage of any geographical location. This is often used to track breakouts and the pertinent physical danger it poses to people all over. It helps to find out the die patterns that cause obesity in a large number of people.
Cons of Body Mass Index
Although BMI is a smart mathematical result, it is slightly inaccurate when certain parameters kick in. For instance, your muscle percentage alters your BMI. Older people do have more fat content in their bodies as compared to younger people. If your height and weight are proportionally more, your BMI would increase, this does not always mean that you are obese. Due to these small inconsistencies that affect the inaccuracy of the BMI, it is often not the primary concern of medical professionals.
The difference in fat levels
BMI cannot trace the difference between the two types of fat and how they independently affect the body. Subcutaneous fat is under the skin, and it mostly affects your superficial body appearance. It is visceral fat that settles deep in your body, around your abdominal region, around the heart and poses a higher danger to your body. Over time, it is the accumulation of visceral fat that causes obesity.
Muscle and fat
BMI reading does not consider the muscle content in your body. For instance, a muscular athlete would have a higher muscle content, but the BMI would consider at as extra fat. This does not mean the athlete is obese or beyond normal and healthy limits. Due to the same reason, a highly muscular athlete with an above-average height would end up falling under the obese category just like a short athlete who is slightly less muscular.
BMI and your health
People have conflicting views on the advantages and disadvantages of BMI. However, it is still vital to measure your BMI regularly. It is not only a precaution to see if your body is unhealthy but also is a way to help you follow a healthy diet. If you are not in agreement with your BMI, you can look into your eating habits, reaffirm your exercise schedule and work towards making your Body Mass Index the way you want. It develops through habits and comes to stay from the ones you inculcate. The first step when you visit a dietician is to calculate your BMI. It is the standard way of going about your body weight to height ratio and is still widely used, at least for the initial diagnosis.
Jaundice is a medical condition where the color of your skin and the white of your eyes turn yellow. A high level of bilirubin in your system forms jaundice. Bilirubin is a yellow-orange bile pigment. Accordingly, the breakdown of red blood cells forms bilirubin in your body. On the contrary, jaundice is itself not a risk to your health, but it can cause several underlying illnesses. Bilirubin remains in the bloodstream after the blood removes the iron. If there is too much bilirubin it leaks into the surrounding tissues. That is called hyperbilirubinemia. Accordingly, it causes a yellow color in the eyes and skin of the affected person.
What causes jaundice
- The breakdown of red blood cells can increase by various conditions. This results in making more bilirubin in the blood system. Meanwhile, the liver cells fail to keep the process of that extra bilirubin. In some conditions the liver cells are not able to take in the bilirubin well, bilirubin builds up in the blood system.
- The liver cells are damaged sometimes. In this scenario, the cells fail to work well.
- Sometimes liver cells work in a reduced number which builds extra bilirubin.
- When large quantities of red blood cells break down, it produces more bilirubin.
With these problems in the liver cells, bilirubin can cause jaundice.
Types of Jaundice
There are three types of jaundice-
Conditions that cause jaundice
- Liver damage causes jaundice. Meanwhile, viral Hepatitis causes liver damage. Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C are the reason for liver damage that causes jaundice. For instance, when a person consumes food or water contaminated by another person with Hepatitis A, it can be transmitted to the other person.
- Contact with infectious body fluid can cause Hepatitis B. For example, sexually involving with the infected person.
- Research states that 2.7 to 3.9 million people in the USA are having the infection of Hepatitis C. Consequently, direct contact with the infected person can cause Hepatitis C.
- Hepatitis E: Hepatitis E virus causes Hepatitis E. It is a serious acute liver disease.
- Alcoholic Hepatitis: If a person consumes so much alcohol it can lead to jaundice.
- Some medicines can be dangerous to the liver as well. Such as statins.
- Liver cancer
- Yellow fever
- Weil’s fever
Common signs and symptoms of jaundice
- Yellow skin
- Dark-colored urine
- Clay-colored stool
- Itching of the skin
These are the most common symptoms of jaundice. However, this may result in additional signs and symptoms –
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling of the leg
Newborn jaundice: Research says that around 60% of newborns in the USA experience jaunce. Newborn jaundice is one of the most common conditions of jaundice. This type of jaundice is called infant jaundice. A newborn baby’s liver is not mature enough to fight the bilirubin in the blood cells. In addition, the signs of infant jaundice start showing within 72 hours of birth.
The treatment depends on the underlying cause of jaundice. As the main cause of jaundice is the increase of bilirubin in the blood, the doctors examine the history of the patient to confirm bilirubin levels. The patient also may need to go through some blood tests.
- Bilirubin Tests
- Full blood count (FBC) or Complete blood count (CBC)
- Hepatitis A, B, and C tests
- MRI, CT, and Ultrasound scans to examine the structure of the liver
- Also, a liver biopsy checks for cancer, cirrhosis, fatty liver if needed.
- In Anemia-induced jaundice, the doctor may prescribe the patient to take an iron supplement or iron-rich foods to boost the iron in the blood.
- As a result of obstruction-induced jaundice, the doctors go through surgery to remove the obstruction.
- Also, antiviral or steroid medications are required in Hepatitis-induced jaundice.
Food routine jaundice patient should follow
- Water- If a person is suffering from jaundice, he/she should consume at least eight glasses of water a day. So, water helps your liver in filtering and flush out toxins
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain high antioxidants that help limit liver damage. Fruits and vegetables you can include in your routine -lemons, limes, grapefruits, papaya, melons, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, olives, carrots, beets, broccoli, ginger, garlic.
- Herbal tea and coffee: Coffee and herbal tea also contain a high amount of antioxidants.
- Nuts: Nuts contain high doses of antioxidants, vitamin E, and phenolic acid. As a result, it can be beneficial to liver function.
Foods to avoid
- Alcohol: Patients with jaundice or any other liver condition should avoid alcohol completely. It is toxic to our liver.
- Trans fats: So, some dairy products and fried, oily, fast foods contain a high level of trans fat. Studies state that people who consume a large amount of trans fat are most likely to undergo liver changes.
- Rich meats
Liver damage is the cause of jaundice. So, it is necessary to take care of our food habits and follow a balanced diet. Avoid consuming more alcohol which may damage your liver and along with it add fruits and vegetables to your list. Middle-aged women and men, as well as newborns, are most likely to be affected by jaundice. Newborn jaundice is the most common condition in the USA. Meanwhile, jaundice does not require treatment in adults. However, sometimes one may follow some medical treatment. Therefore, people who consume excessive alcohol and have hepatitis are at risk for jaundice. So, liver damage causes jaundice. In addition to that, high consumption of alcohol leads to liver damage. However, in most cases, jaundice in adults is not a matter of risk. Therefore, a healthy diet and exercise help your liver function in a better way.
A stroke is the result of a ruptured or destroyed blood vessel carrying blood to the brain. Therefore, there is a loss of blood flow in certain parts of the brain. Hence, brain cells did not get much oxygen and nutrients they need and the brain cells start to die within a few minutes. It can cause severe damage, long-term disability, or even leads to death. It is very severe damage and needs immediate medical treatment. Therefore, early treatment can save you from brain damage and other complications. It can also increase the chances of rehabilitation and recovery. According to a study by the CDC, stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States.
Types of Stroke
There are two types of stroke-
- Ischemic stroke– Ischemic stroke is due to a blood clot that blocks a blood vessel in the brain. It is a common stroke. 80% of strokes are ischemic.
- Hemorrhagic Stroke– Hemorrhagic stroke is the result of a ruptured or destroyed blood vessel.
Symptoms of stroke
If someone is having a stroke, you should pay attention to the time symptoms began. Some common signs and symptoms of a stroke are-
- Trouble in speaking and understanding others- You may experience slurring words, confusion all the time, or may feel difficulty in the understanding speech of others.
- Paralysis- You may feel paralysis or weakness in your face, arm, or leg. This may affect the half side of your body. In this condition, what you can do is try to raise both your arms at the same time, if one of your arms falls, you may be having a stroke.
- A problem in one or both eyes- Maybe suddenly your vision will be blurry or blackened in one or both eyes. Also, you may see double.
- Headache- You may feel a sudden headache with vomiting, dizziness, or altered consciousness. They all are indications that you are having a stroke.
- Trouble in walking- You may lose your balance and may feel a loss of coordination. You may also feel Stumble and sudden dizziness. Due to this, you are unable to walk properly.
Some common symptoms of stroke in women-
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breathing
- Lack of responsiveness
- Behavioral changes
Treatment of stroke depends on the type of stroke, whether you are having an ischemic stroke or hemorrhagic stroke.
Doctors quickly restore blood flow to your brain. Doctors can do this by several methods-
- Emergency IV Medication- In this therapy drugs are used to break up a clot and have to be given within 4.5 hours from when symptoms started. In addition, it is called the gold standard treatment for ischemic stroke. This drug dissolves the blood clot and restores blood flow in the brain.
- Emergency Endovascular procedures- In this procedure ischemic stroke inside the blocked blood vessels is treated directly. It reduces long-term disability after the stroke and it has been shown to significantly improve outcomes.
- Direct delivery of medicines into the brain
- removing the clot with a stent retriever
Treatment mostly focuses on controlling the bleeding and reducing the brain pressure caused due to excess fluid. Treatment options are-
- Emergency measures- Your doctor may give you some drugs to lower the pressure in your brain, lower your blood pressure, and prevent seizures. If you are taking blood-thinning medications to prevent blood clots then, your doctor may prescribe you some drugs to counteract the blood thinners’ effect.
- Surgery- Your doctor may perform the surgery to remove the surgery and relieve the pressure on your brain if the area of bleeding is large. Surgery may also help in repairing blood vessel problems associated with hemorrhagic stroke. Your doctor may also recommend one of these procedures after having a stroke or any other problem in the blood vessel that can cause a hemorrhagic stroke.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery- It is an invasive treatment used to repair blood vessels malformations using multiple beams of highly focused radiation.
To sum up, a stroke is a medical emergency. It is a common complication that causes psychiatric disturbance. You should act fast if you or someone in your family is having any symptom of stroke. Stroke survivors and carers experience complex challenges in managing medications early after stroke. So, patients need support who are living alone and are on multiple medications. We can explain the deficits of a stroke by the circulation of the brain, area of the brain, or even both. Also, rapid assessment is rapid and critical. Stroke can be life-threatening and is best as treated as soon as possible.
What is Arthritis?
When tenderness and swelling appear in some joints of a person then this type of disease is known as Arthritis. Joint pains, redness, and stiffness are mainly the symptoms of arthritis that commonly worsen with age. Arthritis is more than 100 different types with different treatment methods and also different causes. But generally, osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are the two most common types of arthritis. Most commonly arthritis is seen in adults over the age of 65 years, but rarely in children, teens, and younger adults, this disease can also develop. This disease is most common in women in comparison to men and also in people who are overweight.
Symptoms Of Arthritis
Most of the signs and symptoms of arthritis are visible in joints. Signs and symptoms that are depending on the types of arthritis include: Range
- Decreased of motion
Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis are the two main types of arthritis that damage joints in their ways.
Wear and tear damage of joints cartilage that is the hard, slick coating on the ends of bones where they form a joint are take place in osteoarthritis. Inflammation of the joint lining also causes by osteoarthritis. This wear and tear can speed up by a joint infection or a joint injury. It also affects the entire joints of the body. Connective tissues that attach muscle to bone and hold the joint together have deteriorated and also some changes in the bones are caused by it.
The immune system of a body that has rheumatoid arthritis attacks the lining of the joint capsule and a tough membrane that encloses all the joint parts. Inflammation and swallowing of the synovial membrane are also taken place in this type of arthritis. Destruction of cartilage and bone within the joints can eventually take place in this disease process.
The first step towards the treatment of arthritis is diagnosis. Some tests that are necessary for the process of diagnosis are-
Tests like x-rays– In the process of osteoarthritis diagnosis, X-rays are most helpful. It often showing some bone stimulation, cartilage loss, and bone rubbing against bone in some severe cases.
Test joint fluid– If a doctor suspects some infection in arthritis that can create some complicated disease, then testing the fluid sample from the infected joint will usually confirm the diagnosis and also helps to determine that how the disease will be treated.
Test blood or urine– These types of tests are used to determine what type of arthritis a person has and also helps to determine the other diseases as the cause of your symptoms. Most of the people with rheumatoid arthritis have rheumatoid factors, though RF may also be present in other disorders. In addition, a newer test that measures the levels of antibodies in the blood is known as the anti-CPP test. It is more specific in comparison to other tests. The presence of these antibodies may also be used to predict which people will get more severe rheumatoid arthritis.
The major aim for the treatment of arthritis is to reduce pain, minimize joint damage, and maintain or improve life. Medicines and lifestyle strategies help in achieving this and protect joints from further damage.
Pain-reducing medications, physical activities, weight loss, and self-management education helps in the treatment of a non-inflammatory type of arthritis. Therefore, this treatment can also be used to treat inflammatory arthritis such as RA, with non-inflammatory medications such as corticosteroids.
Good and healthy food, a balanced diet, exercise can help people to reduce the pain in joints and many other symptoms. Avoiding smoking and drinking is also a very effective way to reduce arthritis.
Make a proper diet plan as it is compulsory for this disease. You can make a proper diet plan and follow it. Here are some food products that contain sufficient proteins for the diet-
- Nuts and seeds
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains
Arthritis is the swelling in one or more joints that leads to pain in the joints. Due to pain in joints, people are unable to walk, do their work properly. The pain is severe. In many cases bones of the joints are extended because of this the fluid consistency is reduced which leads to the rupture of bones one onto the other. The person with arthritis should follow all the precautions properly like- they should not walk regularly, do the exercise for joints also properly. Also, they should increase vitamin D and calcium in their diets. In addition, the bone density of a person is inversely proportional to age. As you grow old the bone density decreases. So, one should follow the proper diet and take proper medication as prescribed by the doctor. They should not move up to the stairs as it will be dangerous for their bones.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic disorder. It affects your lungs due to which people feel difficulty in breathing. In this disease, your airways become narrow and swell, and get infected. The airways are the tubes like structure that carry air in and out of the lungs. So, mainly there is the inflammation in airways. Asthma affects the inside walls of airways or the bronchial tubes that become swollen and inflamed.
Types of asthma
Asthma can be caused in many different ways and by many different reasons but the triggers are maybe the same. In addition, some of the triggers are pollutants, viruses, pet dander, mold, and cigarette smoke. So, here are some common types of asthma.
It is the most common condition of asthma in children. It can be done at any age but is rarer in children than in adults.
In some studies, it is found that in 2017 children From 5-14 years were most likely to experience asthma. At this age, the percentage for the affected children is 9.7%. So, the percentage rate for the children from 0-4 years is 4.4%.
In the same year percentage rate for affected people of 18 years or above is 7.7%.
Here are some common triggers of childhood asthma-
- Respiratory infections and cold
- Cigarette smoke or tobacco smoke
- Air pollutants
- Exposure to cold air
- Change in temperature
It can develop at any age in adulthood also. According to a study, in 2013 adults have more persistent symptoms than children.
Here are some factors that increase the risk of asthma in adults-
- Respiratory illness
- Exposure to pollutants or allergens
- Hormonal factors
Occupational asthma is the result of exposure to allergens or the presence of irritants in the workplace.
So, asthma can be caused by allergens in the following workplaces-
- Flour mills and bakeries
- Hospitals and other health care centers
- Pet shops, zoos, and many other areas where animals are present
- Farms and other agricultural areas.
In the following places, irritants may trigger symptoms of asthma-
- Car repairs
- Engineering and metal works
- Woodwork and carpentry
- Also, electronics
- Hairdressing salons
- Also, indoor swimming pools
Childhood asthma can be return by the work environment of a person.
This is a type of asthma which caused due to the allergens present in the surrounding at a particular season or time. For example, pollen in the spring, cold air in the winter, and summer seasonal may trigger the symptoms of asthma. So, seasonal asthma will last for the whole year but there is no symptom in other seasons. Symptom may be seen in only a particular season.
Symptoms of asthma vary from person to person. You may feel some asthma attacks while exercising or have symptoms all the time.
Signs and symptoms include-
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Wheezing when exhaling
- Coughing or wheezing attacks
- Anxiousness or panic
- Difficulty in talking
Not every person has some symptoms of asthma. Symptoms vary from body to body and age to age. In addition, you don’t need to feel all the symptoms, you may have different symptoms at different times. Also, your symptoms may be mild at some times and can be severe at other times.
Treatment of asthma is basically of three primary categories
- Breathing Treatments
- Short term Treatments
- Long term Treatments
Based on the type of asthma, your age, and the triggers of asthma your doctor will recommend one or a combination of treatments for you.
Breathing exercises- These exercises help you to get air in and out of your lungs. In addition, this will increase your lungs capacity and reduce asthma symptoms.
Short-term treatment- This treatment should only be used in quick relief of asthma symptoms or attacks. This will provide you quick relief and helps you to breathe again. So, they are of two types-
- First aid asthma treatment
Bronchodilators– It helps to tighten your relaxed muscles around the airways. They can also be used as inhalers or nebulizers.
First aid asthma treatment– If someone is having an asthma attack ask them to sit upright and tell them to use their inhaler and nebulizer. However, if there is no decrease in symptoms for 20 minutes, seek emergency medical attention.
Long-term Treatment- Your doctor may prescribe long-term medicines which help in preventing symptoms by reducing the inflammation and preventing narrowing the airways. So, this treatment may vary from age to age. This may also include Anti-inflammatories, Anticholinergics, Long-acting bronchodilators, biology therapy drugs.
Asthma is a lungs disorder that affects your airways. Due to this, you get problems in taking air in and out of the lungs. There are many triggers like tobacco smoke, allergens, pollutants, etc. which may trigger asthma symptoms. To diagnose asthma doctors mostly use physical examination and diagnostic tests. So, the medicines which are used to treat asthma are short-term or long-term medications. These medicines are also used to control symptoms of asthma by reducing the inflammation of the airways. Also, short-term medicines are used for the immediate relief of asthma attacks. Inhalation of allergens and pollutants, exercise, exposure to cold weather can be considered as major risk factors of asthma. In addition, asthma affects a person’s physical, psychological, or social well-being.